Facebook Carousel Ad and Facebook Canvas Ads Explained
Facebook Carousel Ad and Facebook Canvas Ad Explained
Facebook Carousel Ads
In a Facebook Carousel Ad you can showcase up to five clickable images or video within a single News Feed ad.
See an example of Facebook Carousel ad below:
Facebook Carousel Ads let you show multiple images and links in one ad, which opens up new opportunities to creatively showcase your products, services or promotions. A compelling carousel ad can help:
- Reduce your cost-per-acquisition by about 30-50%
- Decrease your cost-per-click by 20-30%
You can tell a good story using Carousel Ads, which makes this ad format the perfect option for a lifestyle, travel and hospitality, or fitness brand. According to data collected by Kinetic Social, these ads can also drive up to 10 times more traffic to advertisers’ websites than static sponsored posts on Facebook. And LOVOO found that they got a 72% higher click-through rate versus single image mobile app ads.
Lifestyle Brand Facebook Carousel Ideas:
- Tell your brand story
- Show different destinations (for a travel brand)
- Give people a tour of your mobile app
- Highlight one product: Use one long image of your product showing its features. This is a really cool way to show one panoramic image of your product. Here’s a helpful article on how you can create a panoramic image for your ads.
- Share resources and articles
- Show different images from your business to showcase the entire experience and motivate people to come into your location
- Walk people through a process
- Use customers’ stories to tell your business story
Facebook Carousel ads are 600 x 600 pixels. You can get more specs on Facebook.
Facebook Canvas Ads
Canvas allows you to build a unique experience with the combination of text, images, videos, carousels, product feeds and even calls to action. Canvas is an immersive mobile experience on Facebook for businesses to tell their stories and showcase their products.
You can link to an external page with a canvas. With Facebook Ad Manager, you can get deeper reporting into your canvas performance. Facebook reports on average duration of canvas viewed and average % of canvas viewed in addition to all other metrics available for your Facebook ads.
“Creating Canvas content, however, will cost brands quite a bit of time and money. And, as with any new ad format, it will take some experimenting before marketers figure out how to use Canvas to its full potential.” (Source: Venture Beat)
Lifestyle Brand Facebook Canvas Ideas:
- Images can tilt to pan – you can show inside your business/product or look outside (perfect for travel brands)
- Show data / infographics in a bite size content
- Show video + images + text + call to action
- Show multiple short videos
- Explain a process
- Tell your brand story. Take a look at how L’Occitane told their story. The campaign resulted in 11% higher ad recall for Canvas ads then for regular ads.
- Remember, it’s built 100% for mobile.
This is the future of advertising. It’s the best way to tell a brand story, highly customizable for the advertisers with rich media experience for the consumer. There is no additional cost to build a canvas ad just the cost to Facebook to reach your audience. Average viewing time of the ads currently is at 31 seconds (Source: TechCrunch) with top Canvas ads seeing as high as 70 seconds per viewing. Social Media Examiner wrote a good blog post on how to develop Canvas ads.
How do you see using these two ads for your business?
Need help with your Facebook ad campaign? We can help.