Hospitality Marketing Trends 2018 [Infographic]

Hospitality Marketing Trends 2018 [Infographic]

Hospitality marketing trends in 2018 direct a move to online platforms and mobile devices. Gone are the days that only a small percent of your marketing budget is directed to online channels. Today, most of the marketing budget is going online with 61% being the average. I’m not sure where the other 39% are going.

Digital has become the foundation for all travel experiences. We start by seeing a beautiful image of a villa on the beach and daydreaming about being there. We connect with the property on Instagram and Facebook and get inspired when they post an image or a video. We read their reviews on TripAdvisor and finally book our stay on Expedia (or…). Going online to plan a trip has become the norm.  Marketers are just following consumers’ behaviors.

A change in US demographics is happening to a younger generation that is researching travel through Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube. This change demands even more attention to online presence. Upon finishing their research, consumers book the trip online without even speaking with the venue front staff. This process makes it even more imperative to have a solid online marketing presence.

Search, visual content and review sites have become top of importance for hospitality marketers. Without a solid online marketing strategy it is hard to compete and succeed in a crowded online marketplace. The average attention span today is 8 sec and everyone is competing for attention. 49% of consumers are  able to recall an image from a venue. It’s critical that you invest money in photos and videos for your property. Want more information on how important video has become for marketers? Check out this infographic. I have equipped myself with a GoPro, a drone and a professional camera so I can develop a digital story for my clients. Video doesn’t always have to be of professional quality. A smartphone can create wonders for your venue.

Need help developing your online marketing strategy? Contact me. 

Where and how are you going to spend your digital marketing money? See the infographic below.

hospitality trends digital marketing

Hospitality Marketing in 2018: 5 Digital Trends to Watch [Infographic]
Infographic
by MDG Advertising

Tags :

About Milena Regos

Marketer, Consultant and Creator of the Simple Marketing Blueprint online marketing course for busy professionals.

Leave a comment

Categories