New website responsive design now live plus important updates
It was time for a new website design and the new website is now officially live. I’d love to get your thoughts and feedback on the new website. It’s built under a responsive design which means it works well on all mobile devices. Give it a shot and let me know how it displays for you.
A few other important announcements:
1. Instead of my usual Best of Series, I contributed to an article featured in Ski Area Management. You can read the entire article and see which ski resorts created something remarkable in their marketing, web, social media presence and which ones need to go back to the drawing board. Check out the winners in the video category, worst viral video, best use of email marketing, best use of Klout perks, Twitter integration for ski resorts, best and worst Facebook timeline image and lots more.
I will start my regular Best of Series again in June so stay tuned.
2. The world famous #mrktchat will continue on July 1, 2012. I will post a separate blog post with the details on it and specific dates and times. For now, just let me know your preferences if you have any.
3. Read a good list of Twitter tools to help you get more efficient with Twitter. I really like some of them. Reading time is about 2 min but if you decide to test them all it can take you half a day to a day. Maybe just start with one or two.
4. Do you want to know how to measure social media? Clickz.com did a good job explaining some of the social media metrics available for your efforts. Of course, you can get buried in measurements that mean nothing so think of what’s going to be important for your business first before you dive into tons of data. Reading time: 5 min.
5. Finally, “Social is the New Normal for Travel Marketers” by eMarketer, showing a study where 65% of travel marketers plan on increasing their social media marketing in 2012. Reading time: 1 min.
Till the next time,