The Black Eyed Peas and the Now Generation
Lately, I’ve become a total Black Eyed Peas fan. I love their music. I work out to it, listen to it at home, cross country ski with it, listen to it on weekends, when I work and when I fall asleep. One of their songs, “Now Generation” has interesting lyrics touching upon social networking, our desire for urgency and immediacy and how we want everything NOW.
The New Customer is defined by the following characteristics:
1. I want it now and if I can’t have it now, I’m moving along. I’m certainly not waiting. I’m not waiting in line, I have no time.
2. I’m connected all the time – at home, at work, in the car, when I’m walking, eating out, partying.
3. I can Google everything and find the answers to everything in zero time.
4. I can compare prices, read reviews, ask my friends for advice. I’m web savvy.
5. I’m informed, educated and know where to look for information. I can see through your marketing and advertising lies.
6. I have no patience. I want immediate gratification. Superior Customer Service. I want to be treated as an individual.
7. I am the NOW GENERATION.
Ask yourself – How is your company adapting to the New NOW Generation?