Twitter is getting more and more publicity. People want to join in the conversation but they are not really sure where to start and what to do. Here’s a quick tutorial on how to go about it.
1. Go to www.twitter.com and create a username and a password. Keep the username short – you want to allow people to Retweet your tweets without changing them too much and it will give you more space to write your tweet. It’s really easy to set up a Twitter account. Change your avatar and add a short bio. That way you won’t look like a spammer.
2. At first, twitter won’t make much sense to you. Start by following people you know.
3. There are many applications already created for twitter. One of the most popular ones for your desktop is tweetdeck. You can download it here.
4. Get familiar with tweetdeck. You can do a lot with this application.
5. If you want to search for your name or your company on Twitter and receive notifications you can use tweetbeep. It’s just like Google Alerts. Sign in here.
7. You can add your business to the Twitter directory or find a business that is on Twitter with Twibs.
8. If you want to search for something on Twitter, go to http://www.search.twitter.com